The company is a high-growth organisation with a clear purpose. We are fuelled by values that brings us all together and are united by a collective passion to make a difference. We are supported by a working model that we call “Working 3.0” that is based on flexibility and trust, which allows us to bring our best selves to work every day.
The company is the most trusted Price Reporting Agency (PRA) in the Agriculture, Forest Products, Metals & Mining, and Energy Transition markets. Our price data, forecasts, and market analyses give our customers strategic advantage in complex, volatile, often opaque markets. Our events provide forums for market participants to come together, trade, and talk through the critical issues of our times.
We are making a difference. The company works to create transparent commodity markets through our reliable and trusted price data and market intelligence. The markets we serve are central to how economies work and are essential for our lives. By doing this, the company helps our customers build a more sustainable world.
We are built on a 130-year foundation while bringing a digital platform to market, combining the currency of trust with the power of digital.
Most importantly, we are fuelled by our teams that, across the globe, are creating an amazing possible. With a deep sense of purpose and belonging, we are building an extraordinary future – together. If you would like to help build the future, we hope you will join us on our journey.
We are looking to Bulgaria for the next phase of our growth in Technology, building out a highly skilled team that will enable us to accelerate our product delivery and scale our business.
The purpose of the Technology team is to develop, enhance and support our flagship digital platform, serving global customers with critical data, news and analytics in the commodities markets we serve. We make this data and intelligence easily accessible though multiple channels including web, desktop, API, Excel and mobile iOS and Android applications, enabling customers to integrate our digital offering into their business workflows.
The Full Stack Software Engineer is a full-time position in our Sofia, Bulgaria office. In this role, working as part of a global team including Engineers, Business Analysts and Product Developers, the Full Stack Engineer will enable major new functionalities and make major contributions to projects that make a difference to our customers both in our existing markets such as Metals, Forest Products and Agriculturals and new markets such as energy transition.
The Engineer will be positioned in an expert group such as Market Data, Platform Services, News and Prices, Analytics and Data Warehouse and from there develop knowledge across all dimensions of the platform, enabling engineers to be equipped with both business and technical expertise to tackle most exciting business challenges.
Our technical stack is .NET and cloud infrastructure is Azure and we seek to use the latest and greatest relevant technologies in our work.
- Implementation of customer-empowering features within the Fastmarkets flagship platform
- Adherence to sound software engineering design principles; design patterns, SOLID code
- Ensuring solutions developed are scalable, flexible, resilient and secure
- Design of appropriate tests for new features and implementation of automated testing
- Ensuring code check-ins maintain the code quality bar; reviewing code from others
- Ensuring security, scalability and resiliency are designed in right from the start
Collaboration and Leadership
- Participating in and contributing to team meetings and stand ups, bring in new ideas
- Working collaboratively with other engineers, product developers and business analysts
- Helping to resolve support issues where appropriate
- Strong grasp of OOP, concurrency, distributed and cloud computing concepts
- Strong experience with .NET /C# with some of:
- Microsoft Azure (Service Fabric, Blob Storage, Service Bus, Event Hubs)
- Databases including relational (SQL Server) and NoSQL (CosmosDB)
- Data Warehousing (Azure Databricks)
- Experience with distributed programming protocols and infrastructure including:
- Web protocols – REST, WebSockets (SignalR), gRPC
- Messaging and caching - Service Bus, Redis
- Experience of unit testing, continuous integration/deployment and test automation
- Strong communicator in English: able to read/write documentation effectively and good verbal communication skills
- Extremely collaborative and considers the customer experience at every stage
- Long weekend -working until 12:00 on Friday
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance package for medical care
- Life insurance with coverage for temporary incapacity for work
- 25 days paid annual leave + 2 additional days for volunteering activities
- Flexible working
- fully remote, or hybrid model
LinkedIn Learning unlimited access
Employee Assistance Program
If you feel the challenge, apply now!
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to gender, marital status, national origin, age, creed, religion, race, colour, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability. Manpower Bulgaria has License № 2033 / 20.04.2016 for providing human resources service.