We are looking to Bulgaria for the next phase of our growth in Technology, building out a highly skilled team that will enable us to accelerate our product delivery and scale our business.
The purpose of the Technology team at the company is to develop, enhance and support our flagship digital platform, serving global customers with critical data, news and analytics in the commodities markets we serve. We make this data and intelligence easily accessible through multiple channels including web, desktop, API, Excel and mobile iOS and Android applications, enabling customers to integrate our digital offering into their business workflows.
The Scrum Master is a full-time position in our Sofia, Bulgaria office. In this role, reporting to the Head of Engineering and Enablement, the Scrum Master leads the implementation of the Agile process, enabling the Technology team to continuously deliver valuable software. The Scrum Master also regularly reviews the process to ensure Scrum teams are working as effectively as possible evidenced by key metrics for which they are responsible.
The Scrum Master provides services to Scrum teams as necessary and in this capacity works tenaciously to clear impediments to teams’ progress as well as builds real-time visibility into project roadblocks with senior leadership. The Scrum Master proactively seeks mentoring and coaching opportunities to ensure a high level of knowledge and understanding of Agile across the technology organization and promotes a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Performing Scrum Master role for multiple concurrent sprint teams where required
- Facilitating Scrum ceremonies: sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint review, sprint retrospective, and daily scrum - and ensuring their ongoing effectiveness
- Partnering with Product Owners to define the product roadmap and ensure the product backlog is maintained sufficiently to enable successful delivery
- Building a positive and trusting environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving
- Taking ownership of any impediments that occur within Scrum teams to ensure an appropriate solution is found, escalating early in the process where necessary
- Facilitating discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution between sprint team members and Product Owners, taking diverse perspectives into consideration
- Understanding, implementing, and explaining key metrics to the team to drive continuous improvements and proposing relevant new metrics where appropriate
Collaboration and Leadership
- Provide proactive Agile coaching and mentoring to Scrum team and business stakeholders, identifying opportunities for improving outcomes
- Identify areas for improvement and personal development within the Scrum teams
- Periodically present back to team members, Engineering team leads and impacted parties on process improvement ideas and further maximising value from Agile
- 3+ years of expert level knowledge of Agile leadership methodologies including Scrum and Kanban, ideally leading multiple small development teams
- Experience of introducing engineering teams to Agile practices and improving Agile practices on existing teams
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed Scrum teams
- Experience of coaching and helping team members develop their potential
- Experience of using development process tools such as: Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, GitHub, etc
- Understanding of modern, cloud-based technologies, practices, and development tools such as: Microsoft Azure or AWS, REST, CI / CD, DevOps, Visual Studio, etc
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Long weekend -working until 12:00 on Friday
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance package for medical care
- Life insurance with coverage for temporary incapacity for work
- 25 days paid annual leave + 2 additional days for volunteering activities
- Flexible working
- fully remote, or hybrid model
- LinkedIn Learning unlimited access
- Employee Assistance Program
If you feel the challenge, apply now!
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to gender, marital status, national origin, age, creed, religion, race, colour, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability. Manpower Bulgaria has License № 2033 / 20.04.2016 for providing human resources service.