Summary of the role:
As a Senior Manager in Software Development your responsibilities will encompass business analysis, functional epics, design, UX, code reviews, unit tests and component strategy as well as performance and technical vision. You’ll be responsible for the technical investments, software engineering, contributing to the technical manifesto, improving technical monitoring interactive with all the leaders contributing to the Fabric, from all sites and all engineering groups, at senior management and director level. You’ll be accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units and/or related disciplines,
Additionally, you’ll collaborate with Product managers and delivery organizations for vision building, negotiating and facilitating consensus for complex business and strategic arbitrages between the various teams who will need resources allocations.
In this role, you’ll have and develop the following responsibilities:
- Manage your direct reports in accordance with local practices and policies
- Drive your team’s development based on continuous assessment
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication to team members regarding tribe, division, and project information.
- Assist, guide, and motivate team members in their assigned functions.
- Foster an innovation mindset and support innovative initiatives in the group
- Interact with managers and the transversal teams and with agile organizations inside Amadeus
- Lead & coordinate the software development teams responsible for the department in the Front Office and Interfaces construction Domain.
- Design technical solutions and frameworks and perform feasibility studies.
- Propose viable technical and cost-effective solutions to Product Management and/or users for validation.
- Coordinate feasibility studies.
- Model, design and implement databases and other types of persistence solutions as necessary.
- Conduct unit, package and performance tests of the software and ensure a level of quality in line with the Amadeus guidelines.
- Participate in the validation / acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine- tuning necessary to finalize the product.
- Produce software documentation necessary for the application and issue it to the requesting departments.
- During the pilot implementations, support the end user in the Production phase by debugging existing software solutions in response to Problem Tracking Records (PTR) and Change Requests (CR) issued from Product Management or Product Definition.
- Provide leadership and share direction to multiple stakeholders in product management and R&D organization
- Execute functional business plans medium/long term and contributes to strategies development impacting the own functional area
- Regions, segments and product management to build a sustainable vision.
- Implementing non-functional requirements (stability, quality, performance, scalability of our infrastructure and operational architecture). For this, there are constant interactions with GOPS people, up to director level.
- Other Amadeus leaders from various teams and PEGs on a daily basis to ensure the success of the component evolutions and the platform architecture.
- The various architecture groups within Amadeus
- The Security stakeholders (CISO, TCH security)
About the ideal candidate
- To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- University Degree in Business or Computer Science, MBA
- Extensive experience as a Full Stack Developer;
- Strong experience in front office technical and functional stacks development.
- Technology trends insights and innovative track record.
- Strong abstraction and algorithmic knowledge.
- Strong communication and presentation.
- People management skills
- Leadership and autonomy
- Excellent communication skills to influence both intenral and external stakeholders
- Strong technical/functional/business/ commercial awareness
The company offers
- A competitive salary and an extensive range of benefits including bonus and health insurance
- International working environment
- Impact millions of travelers from all around the globe
- Being part of an ever developing R&D business unit and global engineering community